About the Company
Wine Access is leading the online, direct-to-consumer, fine wine revolution. Backed by top-tier investor Norwest Venture Partners, we are aggressively scaling to dominate the premium wine market by creating extraordinary wine experiences. We offer our members a variety of illustrious wines, sourced daily by our expert Wine Team and combined with insightful stories that connect members to vintners, bringing the wine to life. Our relentless standards of quality, discovery, and connectedness, along with our winery partnerships and white-glove customer service set us apart from the competition. We’re looking for an experienced, accountable staff accountant who has a strong ability to plan and prioritize. The individual will also display the ability done quickly yet efficiently on a consistent basis. We are in a period of fast growth so the role will bring lets of opportunity for impromptu projects and the implementation of new processes. Your experience will allow to you hit the ground running in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
About this role
The ideal candidate will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills in order to best support the accounting team.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the department heads to understand and ensure accuracy of all financial reporting activity
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to the monthly close schedule
- Process accounts receivable (AR) / payable (AP)
- Assist in the annual financial audit and preparation of tax return work papers
- Perform bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations and assists with month-end financial summaries
- Ensures the balance sheet accounts are accurately stated based on compiled reconciliation procedures and agreement with source documents.
- Enters monthly journal entries upon approval to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to substantiate that entry.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and their application
- Provide analytical support and additional duties for ad hoc company projects and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, or Finance
- 4+ years of experience in accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Cost accounting experience
- Experience with Quickbooks or similar
- Experience making financial statements
- Experience working with a US company
- You will have the opportunity to work with US team
- Flex PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule
- Personal laptop
- Health and wellness package
- Remote work