About the Company
BellXcel company has an internal product Arly, a time-saving end-to-end youth program management software system that allows directors and their staff to seamlessly manage their programs so they can spend less time dealing with their program logistics and paperwork, and more time focused on what truly matters most: elevating the potential of youth.
Product’s users: Youth program directors, camp directors, camp/program staff, certified teachers, facilitators, program administrators, camp counselors, guardians/parents, youth volunteers, and program volunteers.
Stack: Azure hosted, VueJS, .net, elastic search, Stripe for payment processing.
As the Vice President of Product, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our technical strategy, leading a high-performing product team, and driving the execution of our product roadmap. Your expertise and leadership will be crucial in scaling our platform, ensuring that its quality, maintainability, and performance contributes to our mission. The Vice President of Product reports to the BellXcel/Arly CEO and leads a team of product managers and designers.
Are you a visionary leader in product development?
BellXcel is searching for a skilled Vice President of Product to lead our product strategy and roadmap. We need someone with a track record of building strong product teams, and a talent for creating innovative solutions that meet customer needs. In this role, you’ll not only shape our product strategy but also put it into action. You will champion the product portfolio vision, by driving ideation, roadmaps, and requirements in strong collaboration with the learning content and engineering teams to execute the vision for the leading software solution for youth programming. You will help BellXcel transform the youth program experience end-to-end.
- Drive Innovation: Foster a culture of continuous innovation and risk-taking in a safe environment that encourages bold ideas while managing risks effectively. Develop and assess new product concepts and opportunities, enhancing existing products and features for outstanding user experiences.
- Design Excellence: Bring a strong sense of quality product design and user experience to drive our product strategy.
- Product Development Leadership: Lead the entire product development journey in collaboration with product leaders from opportunity definition to concept to successful commercialization. Inspire and engage engineers to effectively deliver against the strategic product roadmap.
- Strategic Roadmap Ownership: Take ownership of our product roadmap, ensuring it aligns seamlessly with customer needs, business strategy and growth goals.
- Market Strategy:. Partner closely with key business leaders to ensure that our product functionality and value strategies maximize market impact.
- Customer Champion: Effectively leverage the organization’s customer, competitive, and comparable research to identify unmet needs, product gaps, and inform prioritization decisions. Immerse yourself in how BellXcel customers experience our product, and how it can be made better. Conduct beta customer interviews and testing to gather foundational insights and test out new product concepts. Ensure transparency of all quantitative and qualitative learning to inform our continuous improvement efforts.
- Data-Driven Decision-Making: Integrate BellXcel/Arly performance metrics into product strategy and decisions, including customer-benefit and commercial contribution metrics. Utilize data from diverse sources to gain a comprehensive understanding of product performance and inform product decisions. Use rapid experimentation to learn quickly, iterate, and get it right.
- Sales & Marketing Enablement: Work closely with marketing on product roadmap strategy, feature releases and capability value. Provide support, as needed, while marketing develops sales enablement and capability to promote Arly.
- Advocacy and Representation: Act as a vocal advocate for the product team within our organization.
- Stakeholder Alignment: Collaborate with business leaders across the organization to ensure that new product ideas are in sync with our goals. Align with key stakeholders to ensure readiness to sell, implement, and support major feature rollouts.
This role requires 12+ years overall Product experience in agile software environments, with 4+ years leading PM & Design teams. Bachelor’s degree in CS or Engineering preferred.
- End-to-End Development Mastery: Showcase a successful track record of guiding and directing product teams in the creation of SaaS products, from initial concept through to successful implementation. Demonstrated history of establishing product development best practices and streamlining product development tools and processes.
- Technology Proficiency: Possess a strong technical background, with an understanding of technical capabilities on mobile and web platforms.
- Proven Leadership: Showcase a successful track record of leading product organizations with multiple teams.
- Mission-Driven: Share our mission of helping all children excel through superior youth programming.
- Initiative: Take ownership and maintain a strong drive to achieve results in dynamic environments. Have a strong bias for action.
- Adaptability: Thrive in a fast-changing startup environment, with the ability to create and succeed in ambiguous situations.
- Effective Communication & Executive Presence: Exhibit excellent quantitative, written, and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization. Experience in presenting to executive audiences, including Boards of Directors.
- Interpersonal Skills: Display maturity and diplomacy in managing interpersonal dynamics.
- Values Alignment: Uphold our core values, including Collaboration, Ownership, Accountability, Continuous Learning, and Courageous Candor.
- Agile Use Case Expertise: Experience framing needs, developing user stories, managing a backlog, and working in a fast-paced agile development environment. Comfortable using hypothesis-based experiments to deliver new features and optimize user experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Remote work environment
- Competitive salary
- Self-managed paid time off, which includes vacation, sick and personal time
- Opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, mission-focused environment
- Typical benefits included: 401(k) with matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.