About the Company
BellXcel is a U.S.-based nonprofit that empowers youth program providers with innovative solutions, services and resources to scale and create meaningful impact across a variety of settings and communities. They offer a SaaS platform, Arly, which provides youth program management for youth program directors, their staff and the guardians of the youth participants so they can spend less time dealing with their program logistics and paperwork, and more time focused on what truly matters most: elevating the potential of youth. As part of this platform, Arly offers two mobile applications: one for program provider staff and another for the families they serve.
Product’s users: Program Directors, Certified Teachers, Facilitators, Program Administrators, counselors, guardian/parents, youth Directors, Youth volunteers, program volunteers.
Stack: Azure hosted, React Native (for mobile), Vue.js (for web), .NET, SQL Server, Elasticsearch, 3 rd party integrations such as Stripe for payment processing, Twilio for email / SMS notifications.
We are looking for a React Native software engineer to help design, develop, deploy and maintain the mobile applications of the Arly platform. You will be part of the team building the software that can directly impact the lives of today’s youth by providing quality outcomes for youth programming.
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to understand the customer and business requirements
- Analyze requirements and determine technical feasibility of development and implementation of these requirements as new features or enhancements
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Analyze, debug and fix defects found during the sprint, system integration, end- to-end testing, regression testing, and once released into production
- Participate in release planning and deployment of platform components
- Manage version control, configuration management and continuous integration of all modules and features developed
- Coordinate with Product Management and QA for system integration and UAT testing
- Follow agile/scrum methodology for software development and progress reporting
- Provide regular updates on the development, testing, and release progress during stand up, sprint planning and demo meetings
- Track and record progress of development tasks, defect using tools such as JIRA and Confluence
Required Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in developing and deploying high-quality mobile applications for Android or iOS platforms into production
- 3+ years of experience with React Native, Unit Testing
- Experience with React-Redux, eslint a plus
- Good analytical thinking, debugging techniques
- Experience with CI / CD pipelines to build, test and deploy (Azure DevOps, Testflight, Browserstack is a plus)
- Analytics integration (Firebase, Google Analytics experience a plus)
- Experience working with integrating REST APIs
- Twilio Conversations or similar messaging applications
- Jest testing framework
- We’re welcome new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team
- Flex PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule;
- Personal laptop;
- Health and wellness package;
- Remote work.