About the Company
- YipitData is the leading market research firm for the disruptive economy and recently raised $475M from The Carlyle Group at a valuation of over $1B.
- We analyze billions of data points every day to provide accurate, detailed insights on ridesharing, e-commerce marketplaces, payments, and more. Our data team uses proprietary technology to identify, license, clean, and analyze the data many of the world’s largest investment funds and corporations depend on.
- For three years, we have been recognized as one of Inc’s Best Workplaces. We are a fast-growing technology company backed by Norwest Venture Partners and The Carlyle Group. We cultivate a strong people-centric culture focused on mastery, ownership, and transparency.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
About this role
We are looking for a Product Analyst to join our Product Experience team. Product Experience is a cross-functional team consisting of Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers whose mission is to make it easy for our customers to find actionable insight within any of our datasets. Our primary platform is a web portal where we host, organize and promote the different products YipitData offers. As the first Analyst addition to our team, you will be an efficiency multiplier helping us build & maintain new products while tracking, analyzing and understanding how existing products are being utilized. The day-to-day work on this team is interdisciplinary and can range between collaborating with research teams to build customer facing dashboards, doing data analysis in python/sql/sigma/excel, creating and delivering presentations to share findings with the broader team, or diving deep into how to best utilize one of the vendors we partner with to create products. Product Experience is a high-impact, highly visible team that is a central pillar of our product strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Become an expert and company resource for the BI tools we use to create products.
- Maintain existing dashboard experiences.
- Build future dashboard experiences.
- Own and maintain the data pipelines of our portal usage data. Ensure consumers of portal usage data have what they need.
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses to help the Product team understand how our customers are using our products as well as the impact of new features.
- Partner with research/data teams who need custom dashboards by owning the building of the dashboards so those teams can focus on data & discovery instead of onboarding onto BI tools.
- Proficiency in SQL & Python with aptitude to create and maintain data pipelines.
- Strong data analytics fundamentals.
- Experience using BI tools to manipulate & visualize data.
- Strong communication skills and experience working in a collaborative team environment with many stakeholders.
- You’ll work with New York based team
- You will have the opportunity to acquire new skills through an internal training program
- Flex PTO for any reason, including sick days (no specified limits), flexible work schedule
- Personal laptop
- Health and wellness package
- Remote work